The Journey Holiday's Catalog is so inspiring that I decided that I would jump right in and make my first Christmas card - yup August 10th on a sweltering summer day with temps topping 95'F, I channeled Buffalo Check, cozy cable knit sweaters, bright red Poinsettias and a gorgeous rose gold Jingle Bell (that actually Jingles!!!!)...
All the products used are from Fun Stampers Journey. I have provided links on the sidebar of my blog if you would like to browse the online version of our two newest Catalogs. Following is a list of supplies that I used linking them to the online store. If you have any questions about the products listed or ordering please drop me an email at email@example.com. Enjoy the tutorial!
Shop This Look
Whip Cream Cardstock * Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock * Cozy Winter Prints Patterned Paper * Corrugated Stock
Christmas Sprig Stamp Set * Holiday Script Stamp and Die Bundle * Bread Tag Die * Cozy Knit Embossing Folder
You Can Make It
- Stamp the Ponsettia onto Whip Cream Cardstock using Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad
- Color the flower petals with Candy Apple, Rich Coral and River Stone Liquid Color. Color the leaves with Limeade Splash, Fresh Forest and River Stone Liquid Color
- Accent the petals and leaves with Green, Red and Black Color Burst Pencils
- Fussy cut the Flower using Details Pro Shears
- Lay Whip Cream Card Stock (3.5 x 5”) on the bottom inside flap of the Cozy Knit Embossing Folder
- Spread a layer of ink on the inside top flap using Banana Cream Ink pad
- Emboss using the die cutting machine
Tip: The Cozy Knit Embossing Folder provides a beautiful clear and deep emboss. I like to use the Banana Cream to add a hint of dimension in the nooks and crannies
- Fold the Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock to form a card base that measures 6 x 4 1/2”
- Adhere a panel of the Buffalo Check printed paper (4 x 5 1/2") from the Cozy Winter Prints to the front of the card base using Journey White Liner Tape
- Adhere the embossed Cozy Knit panel to the top of the printed paper using White Liner Tape
- Tie a bow using Journey Girl Stripes Ribbon. Secure a Rose Gold Jingle Bell to the bow using Whip Cream Thread.
- Stamp the sentiment from Holiday Scripts onto Whip Cream Cardstock. Lightly tape the coordinating die over the sentiment and die cut.
- Die cut tag from Corrugated Stock using Bread Tag die
- Assembly Time! Adhere the Tag to front of the card using a foam square. Secure the bow and bell to the tag using a glue dot. Pop up the Poinsettia onto the tag using a foam square. Finish by tucking in the sentiment with small or cut foam squares!
I hope this brought you all some early Holiday Cheer! Thanks so much for stopping by today